Why use Smart911?
Smart911 can help protect you, your loved ones and other members of your household. By creating a Safety Profile with Smart911 during a calm moment, you can take the time to ensure that the information is correct and accurate and exactly what you would like to be communicated to emergency response teams in and emergency.
Ensure first responders have information about you and your family. These services are free and you information is kept private and secure.
Is my information kept private?
Your privacy is important. Your information is made available ONLY to 911 call takers and responders ONLY in the event you call 911
This allows you local emergency officials to better plan for and respond to disasters. You are encouraged to share your information with both 911 and Emergency Management so you can be protected during ALL emergencies.
How to sign up
Sign up for Smart911 and RAVE Emergency Alerts by visiting
- Once on the Emergency Management Homepage, click the blue Smart911 and Rave Alerts logo.
- Click REGISTER HERE
- This will take you to the Smart911 sign up page. Click SIGN UP TODAY.
- Enter your information and click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Enter your address, click CONTINUE to confirm.
- Confirm phone number
- Complete Safety Profile and ensure all information is correct.
- Under Preferences, opt in to receive RA VE Emergency alerts
- Check the box to receive notification from Boone County Office of Emergency Management.
- Check box for each notification type you would like to receive. Also check the box for the method(s) you would like to receive the notification, such as text, voice, or email.
- Check the box to share Safety Profile with Emergency Management.
Be sure to save all of you information!